Otherwise, since I didn't get around to the "Love & Loss" discussion before the holiday rush kicked in, here's a short-short version. With a very pretty photo. ;)
"Love and Loss," Written by Terry Cafolla
It's a Terry episode, meaning it's physically impossible for me not to like it. ;) And I do appreciate the lighter touches in this ep very, very much...
- Matt's semi-throwaway line "I bring back a stick of rock from my holidays"… meaning he never takes enough time off to get further than, say, Brighton for a weekend? (But what does he doooo in Brighton, and who does he dooooo it with? ;) )
- Ronnie's wonderful attachment to this particular case, be it his gentle demeanor w/ the mother in the dead girl's bedroom, or being extra smart-arsed with bureaucratic red-tape on the phone, or being in the right place at the right time to give James the idea for how to nail Gilmore in the end. Awww, Dad.
- Oona. How anyone can't love Oona is beyond me. ;) Goth crisp-eating mums FTW.
- Every last bit of the "Intensive Care" scene and aftermath, including the source of my icon (see above) and the guy hobbling backward through cones, which I so wanted to get a GIF of and haven't taken the time to make one. But again, this episode is an example of Terry balancing really horrible, sad subject matter and treating it fairly w/ flashes of humor that are genuinely funny and don't cheapen the material. (I have read opinions of people who disagree, but I disagree with their disagreement, so there. ;) Which isn't to say that if anyone else disagrees, they shouldn't speak up… please do!)
- Deleted scene all-time hall of fame, this one. ;) For those who still haven't seen it:
I'll keep my summary relatively brief in the hopes that some of you will pitch in other things you liked. It's been quiet 'round here. Make some noise. ;)
Tags: tv: law and order: uk