Tis the season for me to butcher lyrics to a Christmas song. I usually only embarrass myself on my own LJ, but since JBN is enjoying it's fifth year of existence I figured it was time to do something just for you all. So, here's my little contribution to holiday spirit.....or collective eye rolling. Please, I beg of you, add your own celebratory contributions in comments. Assuming time permitted. Or pretty pics are always welcome. :) But I know how it is. I started scrambling just two nights ago. Happy Holidays!
To start, a favorite photo of mine. :)
All I Want for Christmas (AKA: A Holiday Plea to Network Executives)
We're not asking a lot for Christmas There is just one thing we need We think we've been quite patient Waiting for another series lead
Just a show to call his own More appreciation you'll never know Make our wishes come true All we want is a new series .....or two
We don't want too much this Christmas BBC America, you helped fill our needs In 2011, you kept our Jamie present Three series on our TV screens
We did finally need to take to mocking Those deaths now so commonplace NBC, you could have made us happy Gave us joy as he left L&O:UK
Our devotion we would have shown The Battlestar reunion you had to blow Now, to make our wish come true We look to the other nets for a series .....or two
We're not asking for much this Christmas Many actors have two shows Until that time we keep on wanting Far more guest starring roles
CSI: Miami let him play a baddie So good we could endure Caruso's schtick We rejoiced House got him naked However, losing his skin was kind of ick
John Doe should be a dark delight We have Un Jour just in sight But what Hollywood can you do? All we want for Christmas is a series .....or two
Oh, all you networks are casting So many pilots everywhere And with cable's summer season Perception is set to air
Body of Proof we're awaiting We hear they'll be Dana/Jamie kissing But dear execs, bring us what we really need Won't you please bring us Bamber weekly?
Oh, we don't want a lot for Christmas One thing is all we're asking for We just want to see our Jamie Regularly in prime time once more
Just one (or two) shows to call our own Such adoration you will never know Make our wishes come true All we want this coming season is a series .....or two
All we want for Christmas is in you to do
17th Precinct Cast Photo by Dennys Ilic (AKA: Oh, what could have been!)
All that I can manage right now is to say that it's delightful.
And, just in case I don't manage to come back in time I'll say it now
Merry Christmas! I wish you all great holidays with your loved ones.
ETA: since I managed to not fall asleep while typing - here is my 0.02.
Top 3 Jamie Bamber related things from 2011
1. Galacticon Even if he didn’t manage to get there, I did. And I met wonderful people (in a gorgeous town) who are not only in love with the sci-fi in general, but are great BSG fans. One of them (since as far as I know he doesn’t have an LJ account I’ll not mention his name without approval) posted one of the group photos earlier this week and it looks just great. (Yes, I started to imagine the one from next year the moment that I saw this one). That not to mention that great video of our Jamie speaking Italian. Btw,If I start rumbling it’s because said video is on the background. Or like.. HERE?
2. BBCA commercials Every time that my PhD adviser says something about BBC – he’s a big fan – I start smiling like a fool. Those commercials ruined a very serious subject for me.
3. French The fact that the next movie in which we’ll be able to see Jamie is a French one managed to make me ponder the idea of actually doing something for my oh so neglected French. So, as soon as the thesis is defended, I’ll join classes because knowing innumerable irregular verb at strange tenses is not enough in RL (no matter what my teacher thought). Just a reminder of the lovely French accent.
This video was uploaded on the JBN channel on youtube by our lovely mods (just like the first one). So, thank you (again) ladies. And sorry - it wasn't my original intention to transform this into a video centered post. It just went away from me.
1. Having to maintain a Tumblr account for work opened me up to a whole new realm of nerdity, some of which is Jamie-related; the fact that I can browse for stuff on the work account alleviates the need to have a personal account to do so. Score! And sometimes, it does turn up amazing things:
4. The continued "adventures" of Captain James Haggard. SO ENTERTAINING. (If you have NO idea what this is about, go back and read this post. :) ). (See also, Tumblr, #1 above.)
5. The fact that being a fan of Jamie's lead me to meet dramaturgca, who I discovered is a fellow L.A. baby with whom I share a whole lot of other interests, and we have hung out a lot and become quite good chums. Also got to see asta77 a couple of times (she lives quite far - damn country is TOO BIG innit? ;) ), and have had some delightful conversations and exchanges with several of you. Yes, I am a sap - all this flailing and wailing wouldn't be fun if it were done in a vacuum. Our regular commenters/posters especially, you people are lubberly. xxx
Jamie brings me squee and joy every single day. True, most of it is at Lee Adama Daily, where the love come daily, but there's at least one reference or joke or squee about Jamie every day on Twitter or on my f'list.
Thank you Jamie Bamber News for keeping me up to date with everything Jamie related! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3